Setting Up an SMS Channel
To add a new SMS channel:
- From the Settings menu, select SimpleChat Channels under the SimpleChat section
- Click the New button to open a new SimpleChat Channel form
- Fill in the fields in the Operation Settings section as explained above
- Fill in the fields in the SimpleChat Channels section as follows:
- Channel Type: Select SMS
- Account Name: Enter the phone number received from the customer.
- SMS Provider: Enter the customer's vendor name.
- Username: Enter the user name that the customer received from their SMS provider
- Password: Enter the password the customer has received from their SMS provider
- Network: Enter the network name the customer received from their SMS provider (only required by some providers)
- Click Save